Minimum or Weight Shipping
Minimum or Weight Shipping is similar to Base + Weight shipping.
- In Base + Weight shipping you calculate shipping based on the weight, then add a base charge.
- In Minimum or Weight shipping, you set the minimum that you want to charge for shipping, then you
calculate shipping based on weight. The customer pays whichever amount is larger.
See the example below, but see also:
- Edit Store > Settings tab > Weight Unit drop-down list, to set the unit of weight.
To Enable Minimum or Weight Shipping
- Go to > Shipping > Add / Remove Modules > Available Modules section.
- Click Install under Minimum or Weight Shipping.
To Configure Minimum or Weight Shipping
- In the Minimum or Weight Shipping tab, click Add Method .
Click Save Method
- Enter a name for this shipping method. This name will appear in your on-line store.
- Enter an Amount/Weight Unit. This is the price that you want to charge per weight unit, for
example, the shipping charge per pound.
- Enter a Minimum Charge. This is the least amount that you always want to charge for this
We'll create a Minimum or Weight Shipping rule called "Economy". We'll charge $1.00 per pound of
weight, but the minimum that we ever want to charge for shipping is $10.00.
If our customer buys a bag of oranges that weighs 12 pounds, the system calculates the shipping
charge like this:
- The shipping charge by weight is 12 pounds x $1.00 per pound = $12.00.
- The minimum shipping charge for "Economy" is $10.00.
- $12.00 is the larger of the two, so the customer is charged $12.00 shipping.