Processing Existing Orders with the Encryption Key Wizard
Follow the steps in this section if you want to enable encryption in your store, and you have existing
orders with credit card information. You'll be able to:
- Create a new encryption key. Creating an encryption key enables order encryption in your store.
- Migrate orders. Migrating means encrypting the payment information in existing orders with the
newly created encryption key. Only the payment information is encrypted. The rest of the order is
- Archive orders. Archiving means deleting payment information from existing orders. The order
stays in your database. Only the payment information is deleted.
To Process Existing Orders with the Encryption Key Wizard
- Go to > Store Settings > Encryption Keys tab.
- In the Encryption Keys tab, click the Add Encryption Key button . The Encryption Key Wizard