IMPORTANT NOTE BEFORE UNINSTALLING MAIL CHIMP
Before you do or delete anything, please make sure that if you have ANY custom CSS in your Mail Chimp code, that you copy it and save it somewhere so that you can reference it. This will be helpful if you are planning on using the new MailChimp Integration that is part of 9.07.00
Step by Step Instructions for How to Remove the Old Mail Chimp Module from Your Site
- Step 1 - Remove the Item Tags from Pages
<mvt:item name="mailchimp" param="headtag" />
- Mail Chimp Head Tag
- Mail Chimp Text Box
- Mail Chimp Check Box
This tag is typically on the Storefront page in the Template section:
<mvt:item name="mailchimp" param="textbox" />
This tag is typically in the Global Footer Section:
<mvt:item name="mailchimp" param="checkbox" />
This checkbox is on the OCST page typically in the Custom details section:
Unassign Item Tag from the Page
Delete the Item
Unassign Mail Chimp Module from Store
- Click back on the Item tab
- Click on the "More" button in the top right
- Click on "Delete Item"
Delete the Module from Your Domain
- Go to Utilities
- Click on Add/Remove Modules
- Locate the Mail Chimp Module and then click on the "Remove" button
- Click on the Menu, scroll down to "Modules"
- In the Search Field type in "mailchimp" and hit return
- Click on the MailChimp - Newsletter Signup Module and then click on the Open Module icon
- Click on the "More" icon on the top right
- Click on "Delete Module"
It will ask you to confirm that you want to delete it, click the "Delete" button again
Looking for Developer Docs?
We have a whole section for that, including: Developer Training Series, Template Language docs, Module Development tutorials and much, much more.
Head to the Developer Section