Miva Merchant has three types of admin users: Administrators, Managers, and "ordinary" admin users.
Please note that these users exist in the admin interface and are not related to customer accounts in
your on-line store. To create customer accounts, see > Customers.
- Administrators have access to all admin features in all of your stores. You can make someone an
administrator when you create or edit a user.
- Managers have access to all admin features in the store where they are the manager. To set the
store manager, see Store Settings > Store Details Tab > Identification Section.
- For "ordinary" admin users:
- Create a user that is not an Administrator or Manager.
- Create a Group with certain access rights. See Store Settings > User Groups Tab.
- Assign the user you created to the Group. When this user logs into the admin interface, they
can only access the parts of the admin interface that their Group permits.
To Create a New User
Select the Settings tab.
- Go to > Users.
- Click Add User
- In the Add User screen:
- Items per Page: In previous versions of Miva Merchant, PR8 and below, this setting controlled
the number of records that would appear on a page in the admin interface; for example, the
number of products shown in the Products tab. Miva Merchant Version 9 and above will almost
always use Pagination or Infinite Scroll (see List Pagination, below), which do not make use of
- List Load Count: The List Load Count setting only has an effect if you set List Pagination (see
below) to "Always Use Infinite Scroll". If you are using infinite scroll pagination, the software has
to load more records in the background as you scroll down the page. The List Load Count
settings tells the system how many records it should load at a time.
- List Pagination: See figure below. This field affects any screen in the admin interface where
you see a list of records, for example, your products page, categories page, orders, etc.
Generally, pagination is preferred on mobile devices with smaller screens.
- Automatic: If you choose Automatic, the system will try to auto-detect the kind of device you
are using to connect to the admin interface. If the system thinks you are using a mobile
device (tablet, cell phone, etc.) it will set the list display to pagination. If the system thinks
you are using a desktop computer, it will set the list display to infinite scroll.
- Always Use Pagination: Choose this option to force screens to always display in pagination
- Always Use Infinite Scroll: Choose this option to force screens to always display in infinite
Select the Preferences tab.
- Display Hover Effect on Batch Edit Lists: This option turns on or off "row highlighting". It
applies to any screen that displays a list. If this option is enabled, and you move the cursor over
a row, the row will be highlighted.
- Wrap Text in Product Description: See Description.
- Use "Low Resolution Navigation Mode" below: This is another feature that makes the admin
interface easier to use on mobile devices that have smaller screens. By default, this field is set
to 570 pixels. If the system detects that your browser is less than 570 pixels tall, it will
automatically modify some of the navigation elements in the admin interface.
This is a very seldom used screen. It shows an internal reference to every customization that you've
made to the admin interface display in your account. For example, if you had gone to >
Catalog > Products tab, and changed the displayed width of the Code column, you would see
something like this:
which indicates that you changed the width of the Code column in your Products page to be 236
pixels wide. There is not much reason to use the Preferences tab, although if you had made a
number of changes to your display and you wanted to return those changes to default settings, you
- Double-click on a Preference Value to edit it.
- Select a preference record and click Delete User Preference .