Use the Customer Fields tab to select the Ship To/Bill To fields that you want your customers to see
and fill out in your on-line store:
- In the Account Registration screen (ACAD - Customer Create), if the customer is creating a new
- In the Order Details screen (OCST - Checkout Customer Information), if the customer does not
have an account and is going through Express Checkout.
- When the customer doesn't have an account, and enters their Ship To/Bill To information during
checkout (OCST, Checkout: Customer Information)
Change Customer Fields
- Set the Primary Address to either Shipping or Billing.
For example, if you set the Primary Address to Shipping, several things happen:
- Notice now that the Shipping Information field is grayed out and set to "Use Settings Below".
Use the field list to select which shipping fields you want to be hidden, required, or optional.
- The Billing Information field can now be set to
- Hidden: Customer will not see any Billing Information fields.
- Optional: Customer will see every Billing Information field, but all of the fields will be
- Use Settings Below: Whatever radio buttons you select in the Billing Information field list is
what the customer will see for both the Shipping and Billing fields.
If you set the Primary Address to Shipping and view your on-line store > Account
Registration/Order Details screen, you'll see that the Shipping Information fields are on the left side
of the screen. (See sample figure above.) No matter what you select as the Primary Address,
orders are always sent to the Shipping (Ship To) address.
In the field list, set fields that you want to be hidden, required, or optional.
Click Update in the Customer Fields screen to save your changes.