Availability Groups allow you to control what categories and products your customers see in your store, based on their membership in a group. For example, you could use Availability Groups to offer different products or packaging to retail and wholesale customers.
The general process is:
- Create an Availability Group.
- Add customers, categories, and products to the group.
When customers in that group visit your on-line store and sign in, they will see the categories and products that you selected.
- You can add the same customers, categories and products to multiple groups.
- If a category or product is not assigned to a group, it is visible to everyone: all groups and all customers who are not signed in. Once you assign a category or product to a group, it is only visible to customers who sign in and are a member of that group. You can assign a product or category to as many groups as you want.
Create a store category called "Bulk Produce" and two Availability Groups: "Retail", and "Wholesale". We'll add one customer to each group, but no categories or products yet. When a customer reaches your store they will be either:
- Not signed in.
- Signed in, and a member of the Retail group.
- Signed in, and a member of the Wholesale group. (Technically the customer could be a member of both the Retail and Wholesale groups, but for this example, we'll assume that they are in one or the other.)
If the category "Bulk Produce" is not assigned to any Availability Group it will be visible to everyone: members of any group, and customers who visit your store and are not signed in.
Now we'll add the Bulk Produce category to the Wholesale Availability Group.
- The Bulk Produce category is visible to customers who sign in and are a member of the Wholesale group.
- Customers who do not sign in or are not part of the Wholesale Group cannot see the Bulk Produce category.
Add the Bulk Produce category to both the Wholesale Availability Group and the Retail Availability Group.
- The Bulk Produce category is now visible to customers who sign in and are a member of either group.
- Customers who do not sign in or are not part of either group cannot see the Bulk Produce category.
To Use Availability Groups
- Create a new Availability Group.
1.1. Go to > Customers > Availability Groups tab.
1.2. In the Availability Groups screen, click Add Group .
1.3. Enter a name for the new group, such as "Wholesale"
1.4. Click Save .
After you create an Availability Group you can select it and add:
- Business Accounts
- Shipping Methods
- Payment Methods