Other New Features of the Version 9 Interface
In Version 9, there are two types of Breadcrumbs:
- Smart Breadcrumbs, introduced in PR8, help your customers navigate your on-line store.
- Admin Breadcrumbs, introduced in Version 9, help store employees navigate the admin interface.
As you visit different screens in the admin interface, you will always see a breadcrumb trail at the
top of the screen. You can click on a link in a breadcrumb to go directly to that screen.
Ellipsis Dots on Tabs
If you see ellipsis dots on a tab, it means that the browser window isn't wide enough to show all of the
tabs. Click on the ellipsis dots to see what additional tabs are available.
Edit and Quick Edit
Everything in the admin interface can be considered a "record". A product is a record. A customer
account is a record, etc. There are many types of records in the admin interface, and most of them can
be edited. For example, you can edit a product and change the retail price of that product.
There are two types of editing in the admin interface: "quick edit" and "full edit". Some types of records
only have quick edit. Some types of records have both quick edit and full edit mode.
To Edit a Product
To Quick Edit a Product
In Version 9.0005 and later you can reorganize tabs.
- In almost every tab of the admin interface, you can click on the More button and then select Edit
Tab Display Order.
- In the Edit Tab Display Order dialog box, click on a tab and drag it to a new location.
- Click Save. The changes that you make are saved as part of your admin account and will still be
there after you log out.