Behind the scenes, everything in your store is kept in database records. There are records for products,
categories, customers, orders, reports, etc. Many of these records are visible in the admin interface and
some of them are visible in your on-line store.
Whenever you have a list of records, for example, a list of products, you can change the sort order. You
can sort products by Name, Code, SKU, etc. You can also select individual records and move them to
specific locations in the list.
- You can change the sort order of a list in the admin interface, without affecting your on-line store.
- You can make changes to the sort order of a list so that both the admin interface and your on-line
will be changed in the same way.
To Change the Sort Order in the Admin Interface Only
- Clicking on a column header in the admin interface will re-order a list, but does not affect your online
- You can choose a column to sort on from the Sort menu without affecting your on-line store.
To Change the Sort Order in Both the Admin Interface and Your On-line Store
- Select one or more records in the list.
- Click the Display Order Menu and select Enable Sorting. If you've already selected Enable
Sorting, the text will be greyed out.
- In the Display Order Menu, select one of the sorting options:
- Move to Top: Move the selected records to the top of the list.
- Move to Bottom: Move the selected records to the bottom of the list.
- Move to Position:
Sort Ascending / Sort Descending: Sorts only the selected records.
Edit Display Order: This command is a bit of an exception, because you can use it without
selecting any records.
- After you select Move to Position, all of the grey boxes will change to pushpin icons.
- Click on one of the pushpin icons. If you are moving the record up in the list, the record
will be moved above the pushpin that you selected. If you are moving the record down in
the list, the record will be moved below the pushpin that you selected.
- After you click Edit Display Order, every record will show a box containing a number.
The number is the order position of the record in the admin interface and in your on-line