To Add a Local Item to a Page
- Go to > User Interface > Pages.
- Edit a Page and select the Items tab.
- In the Items tab, click the slider icon next to the Item you want to add until the icon turns blue.
You can also click on the column heading to easily see all of the items that are currently assigned to the page you are editing.
- At this point the Item has been added to your store page, but there's one more step. The Item has to be "called" from the Template code on the Page tab.
- Some Items can automatically modify the Template code on the Page tab. As soon as you click the Add Item button in the step above, the Item will automatically add a line to the template code on the Page tab that "calls" the Item.
- For other Items, after you click the Add Item button, you have to select the Page tab and manually add the code to call the Item.
The release notes or other documentation that comes with the Item will tell you whether the Item automatically modifies the Template code, or whether it has to be done manually.