About Pages and Items
In most cases, pages in the admin interface correspond to pages in your on-line store
- Page "ABUS" in the admin interface corresponds to the About Us page in your on-line store.
- But page "ORDER_INVOICE" in the admin interface controls a hard-copy invoice that you can print for customers, and there's no equivalent page in your on-line store.
Items are a way for you to add content or features to your store pages.
A page in your store contains multiple Items. Each Item adds a certain type of content to the page.
- Some Items add content to a specific location in the page. For example, there may be a CSSUI
Headers and Footers Item so you can add content to a page's header and footer area.
- Some Items add specific content to a page. For example, you can add customer information fields
to a page with the CSSUI Customer Fields Item
- Most Items have a Template field. You can add or change template code in the Item to change the way that the Item works.
If you are familiar with programming concepts, Modules are like library files that contain code. Items are like function calls into a module. You can create multiple items that call into the same module, but with different parameters. See To Add a Local Item to a Page.