Price Table Based Shipping Tab
Use this module to generate shipping charges based on the order total.
In the example below we created two price based shipping methods: Economy and Overnight. Both
methods will be shown to customers during checkout. For each method we can add:
- A handling charge: this is a flat fee that will be added to every order which uses this method.
- A ceiling: The ceiling is a way of dividing the method into price ranges. In our example we created
four price ranges in the Overnight shipping method: $25.00, $50.00, $100.00, and over $100.00.
We created the "Over $100.00" price range by entering a "+" in the Ceiling field. Each price range
has a different shipping charge.
- If the order total is less than or equal to $25.00, the shipping charge is 10% of the order total.
- If the order total is between $25.00 and $50.00, the shipping charge is 15% of the order total.
- If the order total is between $50.00 and $100.00, the shipping charge is 20% of the order total.
- If the order total is over $100.00, the shipping charge is 25% of the order total.
- A charge: This is the shipping charge we are going to apply to the order. In our example we set the
shipping charge as a percent of the order total, but it can also be a flat fee.
- Our sample customer has an order total of $25.00. They selected Overnight shipping which has a
$5.00 handling fee.
- The software looks at the customer's order total. It's less than or equal to $25.00, so it applies a
shipping charge of 10%, which comes out to $2.50.
- The total shipping is $7.50.
To Enable Price Table Based Shipping
- Go to > Shipping > Add / Remove Modules > Available Modules section.
- Click Install under Price Table Based Shipping.
To Configure Price Table Based Shipping
- In the Price Table Based Shipping tab, click on the Add Shipping Method button.
- Enter a Shipping Method name.
- Enter a Handling charge, then click Update.
- Enter a Ceiling for this price range.
- Use a "+" to indicate "and up" from the previous ceiling.
- Enter a Charge. If you check the checkbox, the value you enter is applied as a percent of the
order total. If you don't check the checkbox, the value you enter is applied as a flat rate.