User Management - Verified Miva Staff Account
The 10.05.00 release introduces a new account type, a "Miva Employee." This account type has additional security measures and can only be created by someone with a Miva email address who is an active employee of Miva.
This new type of user forces additional security measures on Miva employees as well as gives store owners visual validation that an admin account created in their store is actually an active Miva employee.
Account Qualification & Requirements
In order to have an account type of Miva Employee, the following conditions must be met:
- Must be an active Miva employee, with an @miva.com email address. This is verified via Miva's corportate 2-Factor system at every login.
- Must use Miva's corporate 2-Factor system for authentication at every login. The standard 2-factor setup screens are disabled in admin.
- Must use browser verification.
- Backup Tokens are not permitted to be used for login.
- Account may either be an Administrator or non-administrator assigned to permissions groups.
- Employee users will have a Miva icon displyed next to their name in the Users Batch list and user detail screens.
- An employee's email address in admin is read-only and cannot be changed after the user has been created.
- All users, in addition to Miva Employee users, can no longer change their user expiration date. It must be modified by another admin user.
Visual Indicator for Miva Employee Accounts
When a user account has an @miva.com email address associated with it, there is a visual icon displayed next to it in the Users batch list and User Edit screens.
User Batch List Miva employee accounts have a red Miva logo displayed next to them.
Edit User Miva employee accounts have a "Verified Miva Staff Account" subheading and a visual indicator when editing. The email address is also read-only.