The Customer Fields tab is where you select the Ship To/Bill To fields you want your customers to see and fill out in your online store.
- The Account Registration screen (ACAD – Customer Create), when a customer is creating a new account.
- The Order Details screen (OCST – Checkout Customer Information) when a customer does not have an account and is going through Express Checkout.
- Also when the customer doesn’t have an account and enters their Ship To/Bill To information during checkout (also OCST – Checkout Customer Information).
Configuring Customer Fields
To configure the customer fields, you first decide what the admin will use as the customer’s primary address, the Shipping Address or the Billing Address.
If you choose the Shipping Address as the primary address, the Shipping Information box is greyed out and set to Use Settings Below. This means the system will use the fields set in the box below for which fields you want to be hidden, required or optional.
This makes the Billing Information field active. It can be set to:
- Hidden: This means the customer will not see any Billing Information fields.
- Optional: This means the customer will see every Billing Information field but they will all be optional.
- Use Settings Below: This means the customer will see the fields you have chosen with the radio buttons below in both the Shipping and Billing fields.
The Residential Delivery field is where you set the admin’s behavior in regards to how it behaves for delivery.
- Automatic: The system automatically assumes delivery to a residential address.
- Prompt, Default to Residential: The system prompts the shopper to choose between Commercial or Residential delivery, but will default to Residential.
- Prompt, Default to Commercial: The system prompts the shopper to choose between Commercial or Residential delivery, but will default to Commercial.
Once you have configured the Customer Fields, click the Update button.