About Encrypting Payment Information
- Only the payment information is encrypted, not the entire order.
- You can view encrypted payment information in the clear as long as you have the encryption key
passphrase to decrypt the order. It is impossible to decrypt the data without your passphrase.
- You cannot remove encryption from existing orders. Although you can edit an order and temporarily
view the payment information in the clear, once you encrypt payment information in an order, the
encryption is permanent.
- Miva Merchant encryption works by having you create an encryption key. The encryption key is a
long alphanumeric string that the software uses as a seed for the encryption algorithm. It's
important that you have a copy of your encryption key stored somewhere securely. If you forget
what your encryption key is, you won't be able to complete several tasks in Miva Merchant. Only
you will know your encryption key and if you lose it or forget it, it can't be recovered, even by Miva
- The PCI standards require you to create a new encryption key every 365 days.
Looking for Developer Docs?
We have a whole section for that, including: Developer Training Series, Template Language docs, Module Development tutorials and much, much more.
Head to the Developer Section