Image Types are a way for you to classify your images. When you upload images to your store, you can assign image types you have created to those images to group them with other similar images.
Image Types define which images show up, and in what locations, on your website. When uploading images, the default Image Type is “Main.” You do not have to choose an image type in order to upload an image.
On this Page
Using Image Types
Image Types can be used in many ways.
- When manually uploading product images, you can assign those images to an Image Type. Just select the type from the dropdown menu.
- You can use Image Types with the Import features to quickly upload products with multiple images for each product.
- You can use Image Types to display a product picture on various pages:
- BASK (Basket Contents) – Basket Contents Page>Product Images checkboxes
- CTGY (Category Display) – Category Display Page>Product Images checkboxes
- PROD (Product Display) – Product Display Page>Product Images checkboxes
- PROD (Product Display) – Product Display Page>Related Product List Layout checkboxes
- PLST (Product List)- Product List Page>Product Images checkboxes
- SRCH (Search) – Search Page>Product Images checkboxes
- When you import product information, your Image Types will appear as columns in the spreadsheet. This is useful for identification purposes but also for when you import images into the Miva admin.