To access the URI Management page, click the Settings button at the bottom left of the page, then select URI Management in the slide out menu. In the Settings tab there are settings for Runtime, Page URIs, Category URIs and Product URIs.
The Miva admin handles much of the management of the URIs for your website. However there may be times when you want to.
On the URI Management page you can alter the settings for Page, Category and Product URIs. As a store owner, much of your focus will be on products, but for each of the above-mentioned sections, the settings are virtually the same.
Page/Category/Product URI Template sections: These sections give an overall template for how the admin creates URIs for each value.
On this Page
Replace with Existing Canonical Settings
- Leave Old Canonical: This creates a new URI which becomes the new canonical URI and leaves the old Canonical URI in place. The old canonical URI is then marked as “normal” (non-canonical).
- Delete Old Canonical: This deletes the old Canonical URI and creates a new URI which is then marked as canonical.
- 301 Redirect Old Canonical: A 301 Redirect is a “permanent” redirect, meaning all users that request an old URL will be automatically sent to a new URL. This is the most common redirect used.>/li>
- 302 Redirect Old Canonical: A 302 Redirect is a “temporary” redirect which will direct users and search engines to the desired page, but only for a limited time until it is removed.
- 303 Redirect Old Canonical: A 303 Redirect is a “see other” redirect which will directs users and search engines to a replacement page.
- 307 Redirect Old Canonical: A 307 Redirect is also a “temporary” redirect, like the 302.