Creating a New User
To create a New User, click the Settings heading in the bottom left corner of the page, then click User Management. The page that opens displays a batch list of all the current users.
To add a user, click the Add User button in the top right corner. The Add User box opens.
In the Add User box, you will provide the following information. Headers in bold indicate the field is required.
- Icon: You can choose an icon for the user. There are several icons you can choose from, or you can upload a custom icon. Icons can help you easily identify what group a user is part of, especially if you use the same icon for everyone in that group.
- Username: Enter a username for the new user.
- Password/Confirm Password: Enter a password for the user and confirm it in the second box.
- Email: Add an email address for the user.
- Cell Phone: You can enter a cell phone number for the user. This is optional.
- Allowed IP Address(es): This provides an additional layer of security by allowing you to whitelist a specific IPs, or range of IPs for a given Admin user. This means the user can only log in to the admin if their IP address matches.
- Description: You can enter a description for this particular user. This is optional.
- Force Password Change at Next Login: If you click the slider to enable this function, the user will need to create a new password after the log in with the first password you provide them.
- Account Expires on: Clicking this slider allows you to set an expiration date for a particular user. This can be useful if you have a temporary worker who only needs access for a set period of time.
- License: Choose the license you want for the user. See more information about licenses below.
- Roles: This section allows you to assign one of six pre-defined roles to the user. For more information on User Roles, or groups as they are known, click here.
When finished, click the Add button.
The number of available licenses is dependent on the Miva plan purchased for your business.
There are three license types available. They are:
- Concurrent: A concurrent license allows for multiple users without affecting the allowed number of users.
- Reserved Seat: The reserved seat type is not used as much as in previous iterations of the Miva admin. It is mostly used for API Integrations.
- Developer: This type of license is generally granted to web developers and does not count against the allowed number of seats.
You cannot assign a user as an administrator until after the add user process has been completed. Once that is done, the Privileges section is displayed. However, only certain uses can set other users as Administrators. In addition, anyone established as an administrator MUST have two-factor authentication configured.