Order Processing - Overview
The Order Processing section of the Miva admin is where you manage and process orders for your online store. The main steps for processing an order are:
- Create an Order: You can manually create orders in the admin, which is helpful when taking a phone order for a customer or for other manually placed orders.
- Authorize Payment: Authorizing a payment means that the customer has the ability to pay for the order. The money isn’t transferred yet, but a hold is placed on the authorized amount for anywhere from 3 to 20 days, depending on your merchant account provider. For information on Authorization Failures, click here.
- Capture Payment: Capturing payment triggers a “settlement” at your merchant bank. Essentially it is the transfer of money from the customer to you.
- Create the Shipment: Creating the shipment generates a picking number, which is the step where the ordered items are placed into one or more boxes.
- Enter Tracking Numbers: In this step you mark the item as shipped, and, optionally, enter a tracking number. This step is automatically completed if you use Miva’s built-in UPS, FedEx, USPS, Endicia or Canada Post shipping modules to generate the shipping label.
- Generate a Shipping Label and Ship: The final step when you create the shipping label and hand over the package to the carrier.
In This Section