To use Digital Downloads in your store, you will create a new product, just like you do for a physical product. After you create the product, click on it in the product list. Once the product page is open, click the Digital Download Settings tab.
1. On the page that opens, in the Settings section, click the box in front of “Generate a Digital Download Copy When This Product is Purchased.” Then decide on the maximum number of downloads of the file you will allow, and decide how many days the link will be active.
This is a local setting in this example, but there is also a global setting for Digital Downloads you can set as desired. The Use Global Setting radio boxes for each of these values is selected by default.
The only allowed CDN is the Amazon CDN.
3. Next, depending on the Delivery Method you chose, fill in the information in either the Local File Settings or the Amazon CDN Settings.
4. When finished, click the Update button.
5. Next, click the Digital Downloads tab.
6. Then, click the Add Digital Download button in the top right corner.
7. In the Add Digital Download Link box, you can either use the product settings for the maximum number of downloads and for the link expiration, or you can set them as desired. When finished, click the Add button.
8. The digital download is now created. You are able to track the estimated amount of bandwidth used, the total number of downloads and the settings for the link expiration and the number of maximum downloads allowed.